Montana Branch Interior 1960
Current Customer Service desk
The third library branch opened in Santa Monica will be closed for internal improvements between January 16 and February 24, 2012. The Montana Branch first opened on February 12, 1952 in a rented building at 1528-30 Montana Avenue. The orginial book collection totalled 4,292 items. Later, two lots were purchased on Montana Avenue for a total of $72,050 at the current library location, which opened to the public on March 1, 1960.