Pictured is Postmaster Phillip T. Hill at the dedication of the Santa Monica Post Office located at 1248 Fifth Street on July 23, 1938.
The auditorium named Barnum Hall was built with WPA funds for Santa Monica High School, following a devastating earthquake in 1933 that resulted in students attending classes in tents. Pictured are Santa Monica High School in 1930 and a view of the tents used for classes after the earthquake.
Santa Monica's City Hall located at 1685 Main Street was completed in 1938 and designed by architect Donald Parkinson in the Art Deco style.
Images are from the Imagine Santa Monica Image Archives